JS60491 STEELMAN PRO 60491 ChassisEAR 2 Noise Detection Kit
- In Stock
- 6.20 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
Frequently bought together:
STEELMAN PRO 60491 ChassisEAR 2 Noise Detection Kit is a versatile electronic squeak and rattle finder that is designed to amplify sounds at particular points, which allows users to listen and perform real time diagnostics during road tests to locate troubling automotive noises. Using one or all six of the included piezoelectric microphone clamps the technician can easily pinpoint the exact location of noises which may signal damaging wear and possible part failure connected to issues that cannot be duplicated in the garage repair stall and heard with a standard mechanic's stethoscope. A set of included full-coverage, professional-style headphones shut out surrounding sound letting you focus on what the ultrasensitive microphones pick up. Each of the six clamps is color-coded and has a 10-foot wire lead to give you the reach you need to ensure that you can reach even the most difficult vehicle locations. Sensors easily clamp onto problem areas of cars and trucks (the technician should be aware of and avoid excessively hot components or parts that revolve). Common areas include near or on springs, torque rods, shocks, body mounts, near brakes, dash assemblies, drive trains, near rear or front axles, transmissions, transfer cases, suspensions, sway bars, tie rod ends, struts, axle hubs, differentials, transfer cases, spindles.
The main control unit is all-digital and includes a built-in rechargeable battery that can power the unit for up to 8 hours of continuous use per charge. The back of the unit features a dry-erase marker / pen friendly label to let technicians and users write down exact locations of each microphone for easy reference during diagnosis. Kit includes a set of nylon zip ties, hook-and-loop tie down straps, a dry erase pen, USB to mini-USB charging cable, control unit, 6 audio sensor clamps, and a blow-molded ABS plastic storage case.
- PINPOINT TROUBLING NOISES - Easily pinpoint troubling noises that cannot be duplicated in a repair stall and only occur during road driving
- MULTI-CHANNEL - Connect up to six (6) microphones to different under-chassis locations simultaneously to find a noise's source
- FULL HEADPHONES - Includes a set of full-coverage headphones to block out surrounding noise
- COLOR CODED LEADS - Each microphone / clamp is color coded for easy identification
- 10-FOOT CABLES - 10-foot long wire leads allow microphones to be positioned in difficult to reach places
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES - Includes control unit, headphones, 6 wire-lead microphone clamps and a blow-molded ABS plastic storage case