Time-Sert 4212H Ford Spark Plug Thread Repair M12x1.25
- In Stock
- 1.91 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
The 4212H Time Sert thread repair kit - the ultimate solution for repairing damaged spark plug threads on late production 2008 and newer Ford 3 valve heads that use an M12x1.25mm taper seat spark plug. This kit is also suitable for certain Ford Fusion and Escapes with a 1.5 Liter engine that use M12x1.25 spark plugs. The kit can be used for a wide range of applications, see the following, some include the 4.6 or 5.4 Liter engine that takes the smaller M12x1.25 plug:
- Avanti Avanti 2007
- Blue Bird Vision School Bus 2018
- Cadillac ATS 2016-2019
- Cadillac CTS 2014-2019
- Cadillac XTS 2014-2019
- Ford Expedition 2008-2014 (After Cam Cover Date 11/30/07)
- Ford Expedition EL 2009-2010
- Ford Expedition Max 2009-2010
- Ford Explorer 2008-2010
- Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2008-2010
- Ford F-150 2008-2010, 2009-2010, 2015-2021 (1/2 Ton - Pickup)
- Ford F-250 Super Duty 2008-2010, 2020-2021 (3/4 Ton - Pickup)
- Ford F-350 Super Duty 2008-2010, 2020-2021 (1 Ton - Pickup)
- Ford F-450 Super Duty 2008-2008, 2011-2014 (1 1/2 Ton Truck)
- Ford F-550 Super Duty 2008-2014
- Ford F53 2008-2009, 2011-2014
- Ford F650 Super Duty 2012-2013
- Ford Fusion 2014-2018, 2020 (1.5 Engines)
- Ford Escape 2017-2019
- Ford GT 2017-2019
- Ford Mustang 2008-2010, 2018-2021
- Ford Edge 2015-2019
- Ford E350 Super Duty 1 Ton 2021
- Lincoln Aviator 2005
- Lincoln Mark LT 2008, 2010
- Lincoln Navigator 2008-2009, 2011-2014 (Navigator L 2008-2009)
- Lincoln Continental 2017-2019
- Lincoln MKX 2016-2018
- Lincoln MKZ 2017-2020
- Lincoln Nautilus 2019
- Mercury Mountaineer 2008-2010
Please ensure that you have M12x1.25 threads and it's a first time repair. It's important to note that this is not an oversized kit, therefore, it should not be used if a previous repair was made and failed making the hole bigger.
Our kit includes the following items:
- A tap to thread the hole
- A seat cutter to ensure a perfect fit for the lip of the insert.
- An install driver to insert the new thread insert by cold rolling and expanding the bottom.
- A wrench to help provide the length and reach to use tooling down in the well.
- Five inserts PN 42126 that accept the original spark plug (O.D. Outside Diameter is .53").
- Thread sealer to ensure a leak-proof repair and permanently locks the insert in place.
Time Fastener Company, the manufacturer of the 4212H Time Sert thread repair kit, was founded in 1972 and all of their products are proudly made in the USA.
Wise Auto Tools is an authorized distributor of Time Fastener products and has been helping car owners and shops with thread repair solutions since 2005. Our owner, a former master auto technician, has extensive knowledge and experience in the automotive industry, and we're committed to providing our customers with high-quality products and exceptional customer service.
If you have any questions about the 4212H Time Sert thread repair kit, we're here to help. For example, one customer asked us, "I have a 2009 F150 4.6 3-valve. I think I need the 4212H Time Sert. I have watched their video but can't figure out how to ensure I stop the cutting edge at 1/4 because I can't see down in the spark plug well. Do you have any tips? Also, does piston down valves closed need to be performed when doing the 4.6 3 valve?"
To address this customer's concerns, we advised them (of a simple way to verify) to mark the tap with a crayon or wrap it with paper tape and check frequently by removing it and seeing how far down it had reached. We also confirmed that the valves need to be closed, and the piston should be down enough not to be hit by tooling. An easier way to determine if the valves are closed without removing the valve cover is to use the 389-4000 Cylinder Leak Tester.
At Wise Auto Tools, we're committed to providing our customers with the best products and service possible. If you have any questions or concerns about our products, please don't hesitate to contact us.
You can do it!
Super easy process and the tool is amazing quality! Extremely pleased I found Time-Sert!